Benefits of Using Weatherproof / Waterproof Labels
Our weather-resistant labels are designed with the most demanding jobs in mind. Our weatherproof materials are perfect if your project requires a label with durability and moisture protection. Continue reading to learn more about waterproof/weatherproof labels including how they work, their benefits, your options, and some common uses.
How They Work
What type of weatherproof material you use depends on which sort of printer you'll be using it with. Our inkjet and laser waterproof materials are forumulated differently based on the printer type. Below, we explain how each one functions.
- Inkjet-Printable Waterproof Labels – While it may seem counterintuitive that ink will stick to the material but water will not, we're proud to say it's true. Our weatherproof inkjet materials will encapsulate the ink into a specially formulated top-coating upon printing. After the ink dries, it won't smear when touched with a wet hand or soaked in water.
- Laser-Printable Waterproof Labels – Laser printers burn or fuse toner onto the label during printing, making it a more reliable method when dealing with weather or water. Laser-printed labels usually last longer in an outdoor application, as well, because unlike regular ink, laser toner won't get bleached out by the sun.
Not sure what type of printer you have? Our article, How to Determine Your Printer Type, walks you through the process.
It's easy to see what the benefits of using weatherproof labels are. Here are just a few things you can look forward to when using weatherproof labels from Online Labels UK:
- They're proven to be extremely durable
- No harmful and expensive waterproofing sprays necessary
- They hold up in a wide array of temperatures
- Logos, designs, and other printed information stays legible
- They're high quality without sacrificing aesthetics
- They'll withstand your average wear-and-tear
- They're made with a strong, permanent adhesive
Material & Colour Options
Don't settle with store-bought waterproof labels. We offer waterproof label materials in more colours than just white. Listed below are all of our materials that will put up a good fight against water and weather:
- Weatherproof White Laser Labels (LP) – This white polyester material is ideal for label applications where high durability is important or a waterproof label is required. It doesn't easily tear, and is designed for laser printers.
- Weatherproof Gloss Laser (GL) – Our gloss white laser label material is designed for laser printers. It has a bright white, high-gloss shine to it that resists scuffs, tears, smudges, and moisture.
- Gloss Clear Laser Labels (CL) - Our gloss clear labels are completely transparent with a shiny topcoat. They're made of a polyester facesheet and permanent adhesive for use with desktop laser printers. This material can withstand direct contact with moisture as well as prevent smearing or smudging.
- Matt Clear Laser (CX) – Our matt clear laser material is a durable, polyester-based material with a frosted finish. Designed for use with desktop laser printers, this material can withstand direct contact with moisture. Its printable waterproof top-coating also prevents smearing or smudging.
- Weatherproof Silver Laser (SP) – This material has a brushed silver finish and a permanent adhesive. It's polyester-based for both durability and water-resistance, making it a good choice for a wide range of applications and various temperature ranges. It's designed for use with laser printers.
These materials continue to be popular with our customers because they can be used for such a wide variety of applications! Here is just a sampling of what our customers are using weatherproof/waterproof labels for:
- Food & Beverage Product Labels – Make sure your products stand up to the constant run-in with wet hands or the condensation that forms from going in and out of a refrigerator. Condensation or "sweating" won't affect our weatherproof labels, so you'll have a professional look and lasting impression whether your labels are in the fridge, freezer, cooler, or someone's hand. They work great with jams, jellies, sauces, and other products that live near water, as well as customised beer, wine, or water bottle labels.
- Bath & Body Product Labels – If you're labelling products that will end up in the bathroom or by a sink, the weatherproof materials will keep your customers happy. No more bleeding ink on their hands, staining the surface where the container sits, or leaving them with an unidentifiable product. These labels will withstand the heat and water of a shower, contact with soap while washing dishes, and oily hands from lotions.
- Outdoor Labels – The outdoors can be a very volatile environment so you need a label that's just as tough. Whether it's hot, cold, rainy, or sunny, our weatherproof labels will hold up to the elements while preserving your message.
Need a larger selection or help deciding? You can order custom sizes in the materials listed above or work with our customer service team to find the right label for your project. Call 0203 051 9664 for more details.